Caring for the Places We Love
A portion of our our revenue is donated to support wildlife & wilderness conservation, local nature & history organizations, and trail maintenance groups.
Great Divide Nature Interpretation makes donations to:
Going Carbon Neutral
We aspire to be a carbon neutral business. To reduce the CO2 emissions produced by our business and home, we have taken the following steps:
1) We buy local, wind-generated electricity.
2) We’ve made every effort to reduce our energy use by:
- heating our home primarily using salvaged wood burned in a high-efficiency stove
- having a rooftop solar hot water system
- eliminating phantom power through the use of power bars
- using compact fluorescent and LED bulbs for almost all our lighting
3) We support the Bow Valley Green Energy Cooperative, which uses community donations to fund the construction of solar panels on rooftops. Since its founding in 2020, BVGEC has installed almost 150 kW of solar capacity in Canmore, with more projects in development.
If you are looking into how you can reduce your CO2 footprint, try searching the internet for green electricity providers in your area, and organizations that can offset your CO2 emissions.