Caring for the Places We Love
A portion of our our profit is donated to support wildlife and wilderness conservation, along with local nature & history organizations, and trail maintenance groups.
Great Divide Nature Interpretation makes donations to:
- The Creston Valley Wildlife Management Area
- The Lake O’Hara Trails Club
- Wings Over the Rockies Bird Festival – Conservation Fund
- The Yellowstone to Yukon Conservation Initiative
- The Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies
- The Bow Valley Naturalists
Going Carbon Neutral
We aim to be a carbon neutral business. To reduce the CO2 emissions produced by our business and home, we have taken the following steps:
1) We buy local, wind-generated electricity.
2) We’ve made every effort to reduce our energy use by:
- using compact fluorescent and LED bulbs
- eliminating phantom power through the use of power bars
- having a solar hot water system
- burning wood in a high-efficiency stove to heat our home
3) We buy carbon offsets to compensate for the CO2 emitted by all aspects of our business, home and life. This does not cancel out the CO2 we emit, but it does prevent an equivalent amount from being put into the atmosphere.
The fees paid to Climate Care – the gold standard offsetter company we’ve chosen – are used to fund the installation of windmills and solar panels, and the construction of biomass electricity generators and run-of-the-river hydro projects throughout the world.
If you are looking into how you can reduce your CO2 footprint, try searching the internet for green electricity providers in your area, and organizations that can offset your CO2 emissions.